Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Assignment One

If I could be a writer for one show it would be "The Dave Chappell(e) Show" Reason?... Quality of writing. They continually produce side slapping comedy show after show. I'll revisit this comparison again later, but I would almost compare it to "Saturday Night Live".
What interests me about the show is the structure. It's format is spacial, consisting of Dave Chappell's ingenious character creations, parody's of other stars, to Charley Murphy's recollections of the 80's. As far my personality/ sense of humor goes in relation to the show, it is an exact match.
What type of shows would I create? Actually I would not alter the shows current feel whatsoever. Which character would be fun to write for? Charley Murphy, the dude is hilarious in an underrated way. I would like to see him on the big screen. Which character would be the hardest to write for? By far it would be Dave Chappell. It would be tenuous to write for such a comedic genius. Which character to identify with the most? Let's see, probably Rick James. What would I change about the show? I would like to inject a few more guest stars. Anyone that has been around the block and has mostly stared in dramas vs. comedies. To introduce a new character? Chris Tucker, hands down.

1 comment:

SCRLBC said...

I saw Dave Chappelle in North Carolina a fews years back. He is fricking hilarious and most of it was on the spot too.