Monday, February 18, 2008

Deux for you

Assuming that the Alien had the same kind of emotions as humans, I would describe Comedy Central as the television station you watch when you want to laugh. Other stations only cater to comedy crowd at certain times, while CC keeps you laughing all day long, until the infomercials come on. As a person Comedy Central would be that guy that has humors that always catches you off guard. He tells the jokes that sometimes you need to think about and are always out there. CC would wear a wrinkled and bright Hawaiian shirt with several smelly stains. CC would also have shorts sandals and most likely sunglasses still on at night. CC would live in three places. Most likely his parents house, or the fraternity house. I would assume his listening preference would be recorded comedy albums or alternative grunge music from the late 1990’s. The universal comedy movies would be CC’s favorites; Anchorman, Dumb and Dumber, Animal House, and Old School. Comedy Central would be friend. I don’t think he would be me though. I think everyone that watches that show has a little bit of my description in them. Maybe it’s the clothes, or the music or the favorite movies. I would say I am more like CC’s older more mature brother. I still have a good sense of humor, but a job too.

For the images, I would use any shot from The Man Show and Dave Chappelle as Rick James. For a clip, I would use the recent skit involving Stewart, Colbert and Conan O’Brien.

I would tell them about the Southpark, The Daily Show and Reno 911. I would tell them about the basic storyline and why each show is so creative and funny. I would talk about Southpark’s underlying message, The Daily Show’s perfect exploitation of a misspoken work or phrase and Reno 911’s complete disregard for political correctness, and why it is so funny.

No comments: