Monday, February 11, 2008

Hi, my name is Valentin, and I am a high school teacher. I teach with the JCCS school District, which is an alternative Ed. school district. I spent the first three years of my career working at a juvenile detention facility. For those of you who like to read the newspaper, the students in my class were usually then cases you read about in the news. I now work at a community day school and I just love my job. My students are the same at-risk youth, but now I get to serve as the intervention to keep them from going back to juvenile hall.

I am originally from East Los Angeles and moved to San Diego to attend college. I graduated from SDSU with a degree in sociology. I just finished my Master Degree in Education last year and I do not see any further education in the near future.

I am a huge Dodgers and Lakers fan, and I am excited about the upcoming baseball season. I love to play golf, I am not very good at golf, but I am very good at drinking beer on the golf course. When I am not on the golf course or at work I usually spend my time watching comedy central. Many times after dealing with my students all day I go home to get a good laugh. My wife is pretty funny, but not as funny as comedy central. Comedy Central Presents is always good and how can you miss South Park. Well, I am looking foward to meeting you all, and GO DODGERS!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: